Jesus gathered his Learning Knights to him and said:
By this shall all men know you are my Learning Knights, by the love you have one to the other.
By love serve.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you.
Whosoever loses his life for my sake shall find it.
The works that I do you shall do also. I sent you to go and bear fruit.
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be witnesses for me.
As my Father has sent me, even so send I you. Receive ye Holy Spirit.
Objects of the Beatrice Hankey Foundation (from our Articles of Association and Accounts):
The objectives of the charity are all follows:-
- to work for the advancement of the Christian religion throughout the world
- to promote any activity designed for the relief of the poor and needy and for the help and comfort of the sick and aged throughout the world.
- the advancement of any religious or other charitable object not inconsistent with the foregoing as the Trustees may think fit.
The principal activities undertaken in pursuing the objectives include the following:
- to continue the work of Beatrice and Eva Hankey in connection with the Fellowship known as ‘The Knighthood’ and/or ‘Blue Pilgrims’ to work for the advancement of the Christian religion in co-operation with Christian organisations at home and in the international field.
- to train and send forth persons to act as Christian leaders, teachers and missionaries in deprived areas or where the churches need the series of men and women of the Christian vocation